lmi

[lmi] git-am [Was: progress display]

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: [lmi] git-am [Was: progress display]
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 12:37:46 +0000

On 2014-10-30 01:02Z, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
[...]
> BTW, I don't know how do you apply the patches, but if you have git now,
> you should be able to just do "git am < email_body".

I've been pasting from email into a here-document. It takes a few seconds,
but OTOH it's often advantageous to have the patch in a file.

I know where my mbox archives are, and I have a separate one for this
mailing list. But a quick look here:

  https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-am.html
| When initially invoking git am, you give it the names of the mailboxes
| to process. Upon seeing the first patch that does not apply, it aborts

leaves me with the impression that git-am wants to apply every patch
it can find. I want to be selective. I don't see any option that would
let me specify a particular email.

But I must be missing something.