lmi

[lmi] wx_test_input_sequences.cpp

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: [lmi] wx_test_input_sequences.cpp
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 15:17:49 +0000

// ERASE THIS BLOCK COMMENT WHEN IMPLEMENTATION COMPLETE. The block
// comment below changes the original specification, and does not
// yet describe the present code. Desired changes:
//  - Hard code the sequences; get rid of 'InputSequences.cns'.
//  - Paste each test sequence into a temporary input dialog.
//  - Validate with ellipsis button and then with OK.

/// Validate a variety of input sequences in the GUI input dialog.
///
/// Test a broad variety of input sequences. For now, use the set in
/// the user manual:
///   file:///C:/lmi/src/web/lmi/sequence_input.html
/// but hard code them here--later they might differ, e.g. if we
/// decide to add extra tests here.
///
/// First, create a temporary '.ill' document:
///   File | New | Illustration
/// Then paste each input sequence into the appropriate field and test
/// it thus:
///  - Click the ellipsis button; press OK to close its dialog.
///  - Click OK to run the illustration. This step is tested because
///    it triggers downstream validation.
/// Reopen the tabbed dialog for each subsequent test. When done,
/// close the illustration without saving it.

The reason for this sweeping change is to make the test more powerful.
Pasting strings directly into the GUI exercises some validation code
that was not previously tested. This new design makes it easier to add
more tests later. We considered the idea of reading the examples from
the user manual dynamically, but after due consideration we have
decided that they should be hardcoded in the source code instead.