lmi

Re: [lmi] Group premium quotes: UI

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Group premium quotes: UI
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 01:29:37 +0200

On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 00:14:02 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> On 2015-07-16 21:36, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
GC> [...]
GC> > - "Print roster" sub menu stands out as the only item in the "Census" menu
GC> >   to not have a bitmap
GC>
GC> I've learned to accept that: it's the only item that
GC>  - has no bitmap
GC>  - has sub-items
GC> and there's arguably a certain logic in linking those two attributes.
GC>
GC> And I accept this:
GC>
GC> > (and it can't have one, MSW doesn't support bitmaps
GC> >   for the sub menu items without making them entirely owner drawn and we
GC> >   almost certainly don't want to do this).
GC>
GC> because msw pushes us in that direction, and we certainly aren't going
GC> to use owner-drawn bitmaps to swim against this particular tide.
GC>
GC> But do other platforms have this restriction?

 This question is probably obsolete by now but, just in case it can be
useful in the future, I can say that at least wxGTK does not. I've just
tested it and bitmaps are displayed for submenus, both with GTK+ 2 and 3.
Of course, they don't display menu bitmaps at all in all recent versions,
but if you do enable them (e.g. by adding "gtk-menu-images = true" to
~/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini in the case of the latter), they're shown
for both the normal items and the submenus.

 Regards,
VZ