lmi

Re: [lmi] Cross-compiling lmi from Linux to MSW

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Cross-compiling lmi from Linux to MSW
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 23:30:39 +0100

https://github.com/vslavik/xmlwrapp/commit/aa6f34e3604f2b84dad7688ad3dd5c397767ffa8

GC> I think I already have the latest xmlwrapp version (and never had any
other);

 Sorry, you're absolutely right, I've just missed this in the original
message, even if it was clearly written there. For some reason I just
assumed you hadn't updated xmlwrapp yet and didn't bother checking this
assumption against what you wrote :-(

GC> >  You need to grep for "checking for Boost headers version" in config.log
GC> > see why has the compilation of the test program using them failed, it's
not
GC> > at the end of the file, unfortunately.
GC>
GC> In 'config.log' I see:
GC>
GC> configure: this is boost.m4 serial 24
GC> configure:15634: checking for Boost headers version >= 0.0.0
GC> configure:15726: result: no

 This is very, very strange. Apparently it doesn't even try to compile the
test program. Looking at admin/boost.m4, which is slightly better than
looking at configure itself, I see that it skips the compilation step if it
can't find boost/version.hpp in the provided path (and there is a comment
explaining why there), so it looks like this must be the case. But my Boost
1.33 version does have this file...

 ... but wait!

GC> ls ~/msw/i686-w64-mingw32/include/version.hpp
GC> /home/greg/msw/i686-w64-mingw32/include/version.hpp

 Something must have gone wrongly here, the file should be called
/home/greg/msw/i686-w64-mingw32/include/boost/version.hpp -- did I mistype
my file copy command too somehow? In any case, the Boost headers definitely
must be found under the "boost" subdirectory, could you please move them
there? Once you do this, I'm pretty confident the original configure
command should work.

 I really hope I'm not wrong again because I'm going to log off now and
crawl to bed... but I think I am not, this time.

 Good luck!
VZ