lmi

Re: [lmi] Where do we use boost::system?

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Where do we use boost::system?
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 15:44:29 +0100

On Tue, 26 Jan 2016 06:51:10 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> I think the chain of causation here is that boost was upgraded to 1.38.0
GC> in autotools only...

 Yes, and the worst thing is that it wasn't done intentionally, I must have
just used a wrong version of Boost when I made r4135.

GC> So can we just revert 1.38.0 to 1.33.1 in 'configure.ac'?

 We can, but I'd prefer to test for it and use it if it's available
instead, this is simple to do with configure and it would allow me to avoid
unnecessary divergence with my local branch.

 Should I post a patch for you to apply or just commit it directly? And, in
the latter case, can I apply the following 2 changes as well:

commit df1eafc146d11a2d5898901f13fe7e3d9e970da9
Author: Vadim Zeitlin <address@hidden>
Date:   Mon Jan 25 01:52:34 2016 +0100

    Always use AC_INCLUDES_DEFAULT() with AC_CHECK_HEADER()

    This skips the test for the header using the preprocessor and only uses the
    compiler test which is faster and also less error-prone as the preprocessor
    could fail to parse the file if it doesn't use C++11.

commit f35254f3a5705bb90cae0a32a11395a491e85a4a
Author: Vadim Zeitlin <address@hidden>
Date:   Sun Jan 24 15:40:39 2016 +0100

    Build lmi in C++11 mode when using configure

    Just use the AX_CXX_COMPILE_STDCXX() macrom from the autoconf macro archive
    ensure that we use the compiler options enabling C++11 for building our
code.

?

 Thanks,
VZ