lmi

Re: [lmi] Pasting between multiline edit controls

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Pasting between multiline edit controls
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 19:35:22 +0200

https://github.com/vadz/lmi/pull/12/commits/03df797d18ac2be60ecdc5a6d27380baf8e74381
GC> 20160511T2238Z, revision 6580.

 Thanks!

GC> Returning to this after some months, I was surprised to see that this
GC> desirable new behavior:
GC>
GC> +/// Type wxTextCtrl: Paste literal clipboard contents. Text delimited
GC> +/// with "\n" or "\r\n" is shown on distinct lines in a multiline text
GC> +/// control with all delimiters removed; in single-line text controls,
GC> +/// all delimiters are replaced by RETURN_SYMBOL.
GC>
GC> ensued from adding just one line:
GC>
GC>   if(!dynamic_cast<InputSequenceEntry*>(t->GetParent())) {return;}
GC>
GC> but that's the behavior that {return;} gives now that the RETURN_SYMBOL
GC> support is in wx, right?

 No, this is very mysterious because there is no RETURN_SYMBOL support in
wx. I wanted to add support for it in wxDataViewCtrl only, but didn't do
even this. I don't think adding it to wxTextCtrl itself would be desirable
and I definitely didn't do this.

 If you're really using the RETURN SYMBOL U+23CE ("⏎", see
http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/23ce/index.htm) in the text
control, I have no idea where is it coming from. Notice that MSW does show
a black bar instead of new lines in single line EDIT controls natively when
not using themes, but this is a completely different symbol and it is not
shown when using XP or later with themes.

 Regards,
VZ