lmi

Re: [lmi] Improved input-sequence editor

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Improved input-sequence editor
Date: Sat, 28 May 2016 15:23:51 +0000

On 2016-05-13 00:35, Greg Chicares wrote:
[...]
> (1) When I pop up the tabbed input dialog (instead of editing in
> the wxDataView census manager directly) and focus an input-sequence
> control (without opening the input-sequence editor), the "OK"
> pushbutton is highlighted, and I expect that (as previously)
> pressing Enter will push "OK". But it does nothing. Instead, I think
> Enter really should press "OK".

To see the desired behavior again, modify 'input_sequence_entry.cpp':
  comment out wxTE_PROCESS_ENTER
  comment out the Connect(wxEVT_TEXT_ENTER...) call
Of course, that's not ideal because it fixes the regression in the
tabbed input dialog at the cost of removing the new behavior in the
census manager.

I naively thought that calling Skip() in InputSequenceEntry::UponEnter()
might solve the problem, but that's the first thing it does (and I'm
pressing plain Enter, not alt-Enter):

    if(!wxGetKeyState(WXK_ALT))
        {
        event.Skip();
        return;
        }

so I guess wxTE_PROCESS_ENTER changes something that Skip() can't undo.