lmi

Re: [lmi] Anonymous git checkout failure

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Anonymous git checkout failure
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 22:29:38 +0100

On Mon, 21 Nov 2016 20:06:50 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> On a machine in the office, Kim sees this (although the same command
GC> worked a couple of weeks ago and she hasn't updated cygwin or its
GC> git package):
GC>
GC> /opt/lmi/src[0]$git clone http://git.savannah.nongnu.org/r/lmi.git
GC> Cloning into 'lmi'...
GC> fatal: http://git.savannah.nongnu.org/r/lmi.git/info/refs not valid:
GC> is this a git repository?
GC>
GC> I cut and pasted that command here, and it works for me in cygwin
GC> as well as in GNU/Linux.
GC>
GC> We both see the same thing if we paste these URLs into a browser:
GC>   http://git.savannah.nongnu.org/r/lmi.git
GC>   http://git.savannah.gnu.org/r/lmi.git/info/refs
GC> In particular, the second URL displays this for us both:
GC> 39d4821197e50b043331320b9a147c1e869a6cf8    refs/heads/master
GC>
GC> Vadim, do you have any suggestions?

 Sorry, no, not really. The error above is clearly due to something bad
happening at the network level, but I have no idea what. Perhaps setting
GIT_TRACE=1 and/or GIT_CURL_VERBOSE=1 (and there is also GIT_TRACE_PACKET
but I'm not sure if it's useful in this case) can give some extra
information about what is going wrong?

 Good luck!
VZ