lmi

Re: [lmi] C++ modernization

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] C++ modernization
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 12:49:43 +0000

On 2017-01-10 10:57, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Jan 2017 04:46:05 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
> GC> Changeset 46 is all set. I've committed and pushed it:
>
>  Thanks for applying this! I can confirm that lmi (still) builds fine with
> both gcc6 and clang under Linux.

More to come, soon.

> GC> but I don't want to learn how to do that in 'grep' ('-w' won't do it)
> GC> because it'll interfere with my developing vim knowledge.
>
>  Would I still interfere with it if I told you that "git grep -E" uses
> "\<" and "\>" in the same way as Vim? BTW, I find setting
> grep.extendedRegexp to true in git config by default nice: then you don't
> even have to use "-E".

Thanks, that helps. I have no wish to master every regex dialect, but
if I can use at least some elements of vim's regexen with 'grep', then
I can accomplish more with less confusion.

> GC> $git pull
> GC> Enter passphrase for key '/home/greg/.ssh/id_rsa':
> GC> remote: Counting objects: 166, done.
> GC> remote: fatal: unable to create thread: Resource temporarily unavailable
>
>  Interestingly, I've never seen this happen here, not even once. So either
> there is also some local component to the issue (Git version? I use recent
> git, compiling it myself under Linux, rather than the older 2.1 version
> provided by Debian stable), or, more likely, I've just been lucky...

I think it means you've pushed to servers with adequate resources,
or with git config options like these
  pack.windowMemory
  pack.packSizeLimit
  pack.threads
tuned to the resources actually available.