lmi

Re: [lmi] Another compiler upgrade

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Another compiler upgrade
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2018 15:08:52 +0200

https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Toolchains%20targetting%20Win32/)
GC> > or downgrade the packages used for cross-compiling? We could also ignore
GC> > the difference between 7.2 and 7.3 as the only important one is that 7.3
GC> > supports "retpolines" that mitigate Spectre/Meltdown attacks on the code
GC> > compiled with it, but we don't really care about this with lmi. However it
GC> > would still arguably better, for our collective peace of mind, to use the
GC> > same compiler version everywhere.
GC>
GC> I'll test everything as far as possible in my chroot this weekend.

 TIA! I won't have enough time for much testing during the next few days
(for personal reasons), but I'll try to look at any problems you might find
with the compiler or wx update a.s.a.p.

GC> If I find a serious problem, then backing up to 7.2 might become
GC> the best option. Otherwise, moving to 7.3 everywhere is probably
GC> best; I'll have to consult with Kim. She's already hoping to
GC> upgrade wx next week, which requires rebuilding lmi.

 What about upgrading xmlwrapp to be able to use the recently added support
for RelaxNG schemas? If you'd like to do this too, we need to make a new
(0.9.0) release of this library too, as lmi installation currently uses a
release tarball (and I don't see any reason for changing this), please let
me know if we should.

 Thanks,
VZ