lmi

Re: [lmi] dpkg error on redhat server

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] dpkg error on redhat server
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 23:56:07 +0200

On Tue, 8 Oct 2019 21:51:07 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> [server]$ls -ld /srv/chroot/lmi_bullseye_1/opt/lmi
GC> drwxr-xr-x 2 1007 su-secdesign 40 Oct  8 11:33
/srv/chroot/lmi_bullseye_1/opt/lmi
GC>                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^ who ordered that?

 Sorry, no idea, this is either something RedHat-specific (but in this case
I'd expect the search engines to have heard about it) or (more likely) just
a local user on this particular system.

GC> I guess the problem is that, when I tried manually creating
GC> a new user to own that directory, I mistyped something and
GC> created a numeric username. Fortunately, I've scripted the
GC> entire process, so I'll try again

 Maybe it could be worth doing chown first and checking if there are no
other unexpected problems after this?

GC> after teaching the scripts that not every system has a user named
GC> 'greg'.

 An annoying bug, but something I'm afraid you will indeed have to just
work around as I don't see it being fixed any time soon.

 Good luck once again!
VZ