lmi

Re: [lmi] wx-dependent gcc warnings

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] wx-dependent gcc warnings
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2020 17:27:31 +0200

On Tue, 9 Jun 2020 11:41:24 +0000 Greg Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

GC> > And of course it's easy to find all diagnostics that are inhibited
GC> > by '-isystem' for wx, by moving one line:

 BTW, I'm still not sure what exactly should I do to build lmi in its own
chroot so that it doesn't interfere with anything in my main system (and
notably doesn't require me to install anything into /opt or anywhere
outside of my home directory), which is why I hadn't done this myself. I'm
waiting for the stabilization of the lmi build scripts before trying to do
it, could you please let me know when should I try to test them?

GC> [...put $(wx_include_paths) in lmi_include_directories instead
GC> of sys_include_directories...]
GC>
GC> > and then rebuilding after 'make clobber'.
GC>
GC> I did that just now with gcc-8.3, using the patch below[0] that also
GC> blocks a warning pragma. Here's a summary for lmi's 'make install':
GC>
GC> <errors.txt grep 'Werror=' |sed -e's/^.*Werror=//' |sort | uniq -c
GC>     977 cast-qual]
GC>      56 double-promotion]
GC>       2 extra-semi]
GC>      56 format-nonliteral]
GC>      95 noexcept]
GC>    7890 suggest-override]
GC>    2175 useless-cast]
GC>    6226 zero-as-null-pointer-constant]

 I'm going to look at those (and those for wxPdfDoc too), but probably not
right now as I still have other things to finish it looks like these
warnings will take quite some time to deal with.

 Thanks for producing this report,
VZ