lmi

Re: [lmi] [lmi-commits] master 0d823ab 11/12: Merge 'lmi_setup_41.sh' in

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] [lmi-commits] master 0d823ab 11/12: Merge 'lmi_setup_41.sh' into 'lmi_setup_40.sh'
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2020 14:03:09 +0200

On Thu, 11 Jun 2020 20:58:34 -0400 (EDT) Greg Chicares
<gchicares@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

GC> branch: master
GC> commit 0d823abde6f064c740f3392acbdb95c73e8a2ef2
GC> Author: Gregory W. Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net>
GC> Commit: Gregory W. Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net>
GC>
GC>     Merge 'lmi_setup_41.sh' into 'lmi_setup_40.sh'

 Hello,

 I wanted to ask this since quite some time, and this looks like as good an
opportunity as any, so I'm finally going to do it: could it be helpful to
use some readable suffixes for these files? Right now I have no idea what
does lmi_setup_40.sh do, nor what the late lmi_setup_41.sh did, and while I
probably can find it out by reading their contents, wouldn't it be useful
to use a name such as lmi_setup_40_wine_user.sh or something like that for
it?

 This assumes that the sort order of these files is important, i.e. that
"40" is necessary, but, to be honest, I'm not totally sure about this as I
couldn't actually find where are these files sorted by their names, so
maybe the "40" part is not indispensable neither? Of course, we can go
further continuing on the same road and even ask the question of whether we
really need all these different files instead of just different functions
inside the same files, but for now I'd really be happy enough to just have
some indication of what each of these files does in their name, as this
would make it much simpler for anybody but their author to understand
what's going on, if they ever need to do it -- and perhaps it would be even
helpful to you too?

 Regards,
VZ