lmi

Re: [lmi] Difficulty building with "dll" attributes and new wx

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Difficulty building with "dll" attributes and new wx
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2020 15:22:09 +0200

On Thu, 16 Jul 2020 09:22:02 +0000 Greg Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

GC> To reproduce, either do this:
GC>   ./nychthemeral_test.sh
GC> with current head (commit 6977670839d9ee, which upgraded wx),
GC> or manually upgrade wx as that commit prescribes and do this:
GC>   make all build_type=so_test USE_SO_ATTRIBUTES=1

 Hello,

 After wasting literally 2 hours on trying to understand what was going on
here, I've finally realized that it was just a matter of forgetting a
single character in an innocuous change half a year ago. I've finally fixed
this in

https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/commit/b762d2fb0f5cb5333e77df1ab3be52f6ce752cce

and this commit will, of course, be included in the one I'll send you later
today (but if I somehow don't, please take at least this one, to avoid
breaking USE_SO_ATTRIBUTES build).

 Thanks a lot for noticing this, it would have been pretty embarrassing to
release 3.1.4 with this bug!

 And, of course, sorry for not finding it myself -- which is why I'd like
to much to set CI up, computers are really better at doing things reliably
than I am.

 Thanks again,
VZ