lmi

Re: [lmi] PATCH: Submodule changes

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] PATCH: Submodule changes
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2020 16:05:32 +0000

On 2020-10-09 15:30, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Oct 2020 15:12:03 +0000 Greg Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net>
> wrote:
[...]
> GC> $ git --no-pager grep _sha install_wx*
> GC> install_wx.sh:vendor=${LMI_TRIPLET}-$gcc_version-$wx_commit_sha
> GC>
> install_wxpdfdoc.sh:build_dir="$exec_prefix/wxpdfdoc-ad_hoc/wxpdfdoc-$wxpdfdoc_commit_sha"
> GC>
> GC> ...still be used? AFAICT without actually rebuilding, those variables
> GC> ought to be empty now, right?
>
>  Oops, you're absolutely right and I just haven't noticed this. AFAICS
> there are just two solutions:
>
> 1. Remove the SHA suffixes from the vendor string.
> 2. Set these suffixes to the actual commits used in the submodule.
>
>  I guess you prefer the solution (2), so I'm going to do this, but how
> should I do it: wait until you push your changes and then make another PR
> or update the existing PR with this change, so that you could cherry-pick
> the new commit(s?)? What would you prefer?

Let's defer those questions, and plan to address them later, so that
I can push what I've got so far. There are some 'shellcheck' complaints,
but I think I'll defer dealing with those, too, so that you can rebase
PR 158 "Ci linux" on this new origin/master (I'm eager to get that
done, because one you've done that, we don't need to coordinate our
work with each other so tightly).

Pushing now...