lmi

Re: [lmi] Can't get GUI test to run for pc-linux-gnu

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Can't get GUI test to run for pc-linux-gnu
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2021 21:19:54 +0000

On 4/10/21 8:14 PM, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Mar 2021 00:45:07 +0000 Greg Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net>
> wrote:
>
> GC> On 3/23/21 10:00 PM, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:

> GC> >  Yes, I'm almost certain they did.

How strange this seems, each time I ponder it. But I don't want to
distract you from fixing the problem; I'm sure I'll learn soon enough.

>  I just wanted to give another update, as there is some progress: I've
> found and fixed several problems, at least one of which really had to be
> fixed in wxWidgets itself and several tests do run now. Unfortunately, I
> still haven't fixed all of them and some tests still don't pass with wxGTK.
>
>  So I still need to spend more time on this, but in any case to actually
> make this work we would need to update wxWidgets version used by lmi and so
> I'd like to ask when would be the least inconvenient moment to do this for
> you? The answer to this question is quite important for me because, on one
> hand, it's not really useful to prioritize this work if wx upgrade in lmi
> is not going to happen any time soon, but OTOH it would be very important
> to finish it a.s.a.p. if you do plan to do this upgrade in the near future,
> so could you please let me know if you have any plans about this?

Any time except during July.

We have
  670ccd75 Designate release candidate 20210330T1233Z
already stabilized for release at the end of April. The next
release that's important to any users (and only to a small group
of them) is "July", which I suppose means 07-31, so it would be
good to upgrade wx either between now and the beginning of July
(to give us plenty of time for testing, and for fixing any
problems we might find), or after the end of July. We don't
plan to release any updated lmi binary before then.

What's really most important to us is to upgrade wx once only.