lmi

[lmi] PATCH: Stop undefining __STRICT_ANSI__

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: [lmi] PATCH: Stop undefining __STRICT_ANSI__
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2021 01:32:59 +0200

 Hello,

 The bad news is that undefining __STRICT_ANSI__ before including the
standard headers, as is done in platform_dependent.hpp, is not supported
with gcc 11 any longer and just results in

    error: #warning "__STRICT_ANSI__ seems to have been undefined; this is
    not supported [-Werror=cpp]

 The good news is that it doesn't seem to be needed any longer neither and
simply not doing anything at all in platform_dependent.hpp, as is done in
the only commit of the branch "dont-undef-strict-ansi" also available at
https://github.com/let-me-illustrate/lmi/pull/182 allows the compilation to
work with both gcc 10 and 11, including when cross-compiling, see the CI
build results at https://github.com/let-me-illustrate/lmi/actions/runs/781488009

 Could this change be applied please, or is there any reason to keep doing
it that I'm missing? If so, we could stop doing it only for gcc >= 11, but
it seems like not doing it at all would be even better if it's really not
needed.

 Thanks in advance,
VZ