lmi

Re: [lmi] [lmi-commits] odd/eraseme_error 69d06e9 10/10: Attempt to find

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] [lmi-commits] odd/eraseme_error 69d06e9 10/10: Attempt to find a problem
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2021 15:20:30 +0200

On Wed, 7 Jul 2021 11:52:14 +0000 Greg Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

GC> On 2021-07-07 11:17, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
GC> > On Wed,  7 Jul 2021 06:22:15 -0400 (EDT) Greg Chicares
<gchicares@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

GC> > GC> branch: odd/eraseme_error
GC> [...]
GC> > GC>     Attempt to find a problem
GC> [...]
GC> >  Is this hang reproducible? If so, I could try debugging it.
GC>
GC> It's caused by a NaN.

 This is perfectly compatible with my almost superstitious fear of NaNs,
but I wonder how is this possible then the commit message said that the
function did return...

GC> >  Generally speaking, the best technique for debugging problems under Wine
[...snip...]

GC> That never worked well for me.

 Would you be interested in describing this in more details, so that I
could perhaps try to diagnose the problem? There are several solution that
indeed don't work (such as using winedbg or especially "winedbg --gdb"
which looks like it ought to work, but is actually completely broken), but
I've never had any problems with the one based on gdbserver, so I'd be
interested to know which one did you run into, if only to help me if this
happens to me later.

 Thanks,
VZ