lmi

Re: [lmi] PreviewFrameEx questions

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] PreviewFrameEx questions
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 00:25:30 +0000

On 7/28/22 00:34, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Jul 2022 21:10:53 +0000 Greg Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net>
> wrote:
[...]
> GC> And I'm not sure whether end users ever use this facility.
>
>  As an alternative to removing it, what about disabling it in one release
> and seeing if anybody complains? If nobody does, it would seem to be that
> nobody would regret it being removed neither...

Apparently some end users employ
  File | Print preview | Print
as an antishortcut for
  File | Print
. We plan to disable it, explaining that it's unnecessary anyway
and can fail due to a particular msw configuration.

If no one complains too much, we can later remove it.

At the same time, I think we should disable
  File | Page setup
which I guess is useless. I see "Lorem ipsum", and I can't even
guess what happens if anyone uses the dialog to attempt to print
a PDF illustration in landscape orientation. I hope we can remove
the code for that, too, ultimately.