lout-users

Re: Page Headers on Blank Pages?

From: Albert Kinderman
Subject: Re: Page Headers on Blank Pages?
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 16:13:20 -0800

Uwe is correct as usual!  I had several subappendices that I wanted to start
on new pages.  I had used the following erroneous construct

@Appendix @Title address@hidden
@NP
@BeginSubAppendices
@SubAppendix @Title {...} @Begin
@End @SubAppendix

@NP
^^^^

@SubAppendix @Title {...} @Begin
@End @SubAppendix
@EndSubAppendices
@End @Appendix

The @NP cannot be placed between the subappendices, but must be within one of
the subappendices.  The misplaced @NP is effectively moved to the point after
the last subappendix and generates a new otherwise empty page which gets the
unwanted page header and number.

I should have known better from my previous experience with trying to get list
items to each start on a new page.  In that case neither placement works, but
Jeff has a new @ListNewPage coming in 3.13 which will handle the problem.

Thanks, Uwe, for pointing me in the right direction.
Al

--
Albert Kinderman               California State University, Northridge
address@hidden             Department of Management Science