lout-users

Re: 3.19: problem compiling user manual

From: Giovanni Zezza
Subject: Re: 3.19: problem compiling user manual
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 15:12:49 +0200

Il Fri, 31 Mar 2000 09:39:02 +0100, Jeffrey Howard Kingston scriveva:

>This is not a good moment to be adding new languages, because I am in
>the middle of a fairly large upgrade to prg2lout.c, needed to cope with
>the lexically quite unusual Perl language.

"Only Perl can parse Perl" is in fact a well known motto among Perl people.
Perl language is definitely "quite unusual". Consider to write a stand
alone customized filter, instead of integrate it in a general one.
Also, somewhere in Perl source code it _has_ to be a parser. I never look
into the code, but it might be enough simple to get and use it.... or it
might be a unrecoverable mess.

Ciao.