Re: [Ltib] ./ltib doesn't work!

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] ./ltib doesn't work!
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 09:52:22 +0100

Hi Salvador,

If you had problems with the Freescale version, you must let them know
about it so they can fix it.

1.      go to www.freescale.com
2.      click on "Support / Technical support"
3.      click on "Enter a Service Request"
4.      Register to get a user name and password.
5.      Login in with your user name and password
6.      On the "New Service Request" page:
        a. Category = Technical Request
        b. Topic = CodeWarrior
        c. Click on "Continue"
7.      Fill out the information for the service request
8.      Click on the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page.

If this is the savannah version, then the list can help.

Your first log file has the cause of the failure:

Executing(%install): /bin/sh -e /tmp/rpm-tmp.65171
+ umask 022
+ cd /tmp/rpm-gianluca/BUILD
+ cd rpm-4.0.4
+ export NO_BRP_STALE_LINK_ERROR=yes
+ NO_BRP_STALE_LINK_ERROR=yes
+ rm -rf /tmp/rpm-fs
rm: cannot remove directory `/tmp/rpm-fs/var/tmp': Permission denied
rm: cannot remove directory `/tmp/rpm-fs/opt/freescale/ltib/var/tmp':
Permission denied
rm: cannot remove directory
`/tmp/rpm-fs/opt/freescale/ltib/var/lib/rpm': Permis

What this means is that it built rpm-fs okay, but when it came to delete
some sections, it could not removed them.

I suspect this is because that directory was created yesterday when you
ran the installer as root?  To confirm this do:

ls -ld /tmp/rpm-fs

You need to do the following:

1/ remove the directory /tmp/rpm-fs completely (you need the appropriate
permissions)

2/ remove the directory /tmp/rpm-gianluca completely (this will be owned
by you)

3/ re-run: ./ltib

Regards, Stuart