Re: [Ltib] Build script for the Coldfire cfv4e gcc-3.4.0 glibc-2.3.2 too

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Build script for the Coldfire cfv4e gcc-3.4.0 glibc-2.3.2 toolchain v0.28?
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 15:02:58 +0000

Hi Leon,

On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 16:56 +0100, Leon Woestenberg wrote:
> Hello Stuart,
>

> > I'm guessing from your question that you found the binary rpm for this
> > toolchain at http://bitshrine.org/gpp/ ?  This is for Coldfire with MMU.
> >
> Correct.
>
> > If this is correct, then I do have a src.rpm that I can upload that you
> > could use to re-build from scratch.
> >
> Yes, I am interested.

Okay I'll try to get
mtwk-lnx-cfv4e-gcc-3.4.0-glibc-2.3.2-v4e-0.28-6.src.rpm uploaded
sometime this week.

This is one we did at Freescale using crosstool build methods.

> Also, I would like to learn if upstream gcc/binutils/glibc has v4e support.

Not sure about that.  I think CS pushed their stuff up, but it's best to
ask them.

> > Note also I think there is a later gcc-4.1 toolchain available
> > (freescale-coldfire-m68k-linux-gnu-4.1-14.i686.rpm)
> >
> That's the one provided by CodeSourcery?
>
> Do you have a src.rpm for this one as well? The source from
> CodeSourcery does not include a usable build script.

You're right this is a CodeSourcery toolchain.  We do have an srpm, but
it's just a wrapper around the built toolchain so not good for
rebuilding.  The source for this toolchain is available on the
CodeSourcery toolchain.  Let me know if you have problems finding it.