Re: [Ltib] another way for /etc/localtime

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] another way for /etc/localtime
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 14:47:29 +0000

Hi Tobias,

That's fine too.  You may even be able to simplify it with:

diff -w -r1.1.1.6 sysconfig.spec
> 80a81,83
export TIMEZONE="$SYSCFG_TIMEZONE"

skell-1.13/etc/rc.d/init.d/settime:
> 7a8,12
   if [ -n "$TIMEZONE" ]; then
> >    rm -f /etc/localtime
> >    ln -s $TIMEZONE /etc/localtime
> > fi

In a way this is better than the previous version you sent as you can
change the value on the target by editing /etc/rc.d/rc.conf.  However it
does mean a patch to the skell package.  I'll leave it up to you how
you'd prefer to do this.  Please let me know what you end up with.

Regards, Stuart