[Ltib] Re: Proposed addition to the RPM ebuild...

From: Ken Gilmer
Subject: [Ltib] Re: Proposed addition to the RPM ebuild...
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 13:51:45 -0500

Sandro,

  Great!  Thanks!

-Ken

On Feb 7, 2007, at 12:56 PM, sanchan wrote:

Ken Gilmer ha scritto:

Hello ~

Hello Ken, I'm testing an ebuild with the fix you've suggested. I'm in contact with upstream and they sent me that patch a few days ago. I'll try to have it
tested this week and in portage on monday next week.

I'm using an embedded development toolchain that utilizes RPM called
LTIB. There seem to be some differences in how RPM is installed on
Gentoo vs other distros such as Fedora. Someone in the LTIB community
has determined a fix for Gentoo to overcome the issue. Is this something
that could be incorporated back into the ebuild for RPM? If so what
information do you need? Here is the change (from Stuart Hughes):

file -C -m /usr/share/misc/file/magic
cp magic.mgc /usr/lib/rpm

TIA
ken