Re: [Ltib] single kernel module

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] single kernel module
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 08:40:34 +0000

Hi Henry,

Yes, once you want to publish a package you should put all the related
files into a tarball.  This should at least have the files COPYING (for
the license), README and a Makefile.

If you have any other files related to this one that make up a bigger
package it's probably a good idea to put them into the same package.

If it really is just a single file as you have said already you could
add it as a patch to the kernel source that you are patching.

For an example of building kernel modules outside of the kernel sources,
see dist/lfs-5.1/helloworld/hello_mod.spec.  However if you use this
technique, you'll need to select that LTIB keeps the build kernel source
tree unpackaged.  In many ways the easiest thing for a single file would
be to add it as a patch to the kernel sources.

BTW: I'm still working on fontconfig (done), pango, DirectFB etc

Regards, Stuart