[Ltib] LTIB build failure (rpath)

From: Jonathan S. Shapiro
Subject: [Ltib] LTIB build failure (rpath)
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 12:21:43 -0500

I'm trying to install ltib on a Fedora-8 machine. The install fails, and
the log file shows that check-rpath reported an invalid path. Many
errors. A typical one is:

> ERROR   0002: file '/opt/ltib/usr/lib/rpm/rpmq' contains an invalid rpath
> '/opt/ltib/usr/lib' in [/opt/ltib/usr/lib]

This smells like /opt/ltib/ us completely unknown to check-rpaths. There
is also a longer diagnostic in the log file, which I am attaching below.

I'm sure this is a known issue. Is there a known workaround? If so,
should it perhaps be added to the FAQ?

Thanks

shap