Re: [Ltib] dropbear-0.47 or better?

From: Robert P. J. Day
Subject: Re: [Ltib] dropbear-0.47 or better?
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 04:56:54 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008, Stuart Hughes wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>
> I wasn't aware of that, I think it's worth  bumping up the revision of
> dropbear.  I'll comment in your other email.
>
> Regards, Stuart
>
> On Thu, 2008-12-11 at 15:18 -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >   i just discovered that to get port forwarding with dropbear, i need
> > version 0.47 or higher (to get the "-a" option), but the GPP repo has
> > only 0.45.  has anyone whipped up a spec file for a newer dropbear?
> >
> >   if not, i guess i can take a crack at it, just for the learning
> > experience.  :-)
> >
> > rday

  i am simply taking this DB mailing list entry at its word:

http://lists.ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au/pipermail/dropbear/2006q1/000355.html

"You'll have to start the Dropbear server with the -a
argument (equivalent to the "gatewayports yes" directive).
Dropbear's -k option disables "ssh -R" style forwarding entirely.
Note that "-a" was only introduced in Dropbear 0.47."

rday

Robert P. J. Day
    Have classroom, will lecture.