[Ltib] Problem compiling latest ARM kernel

From: Colin Helliwell
Subject: [Ltib] Problem compiling latest ARM kernel
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 11:23:08 -0000

I am building an up-to-date (2.6.27.6) ARM kernel, locally installed, via
ltib and hitting a few problems. I 'solved' the first by disabling "Use the
ARM EABI", but I still have a compiler/inline assembler error in
page_alloc.c.  From what scant info I can find, I *think* this is a problem
due to an outdated toolchain - ltib is using gcc 3.3.2 cross toolchain.

Before I go diving into hooking in a newer toolchain, has anyone else seen
the problem and maybe have an alternative solution?