RE: [Ltib] Add a new platform to LTIB

From: Colin Helliwell
Subject: RE: [Ltib] Add a new platform to LTIB
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 10:00:02 -0000

Hi Stuart,
[see follow-up below!]
Still having a few problems setting up for a new target. I've done the
required changes to main.lkc (and commented out the CPU section). Deleted
.config* and defconfig.dev, the defconfig file is a copy from the IMX27ADS.
I then do a ltib -m distclean (to make sure) and the ltib --configure.
I can choose my new target in the first screen, I exit and save, then the
second config screen comes up. Noticeable problem is that the toolchain
settings (e.g. flags) are blank - if I save and exit then it complains that
TOOLCHAIN_PREFIX and TOOLCHAIN_PATH aren't set. Indeed, looking in the
resulting .config file there is just a single (blank)
"CONFIG_TOOLCHAIN_CFLAGS" setting in this section.
I can't see why this target isn't pulling in the correct files/settings?

OK, follow up before I've even sent the mail: The cause of the problem seems
to be that my platform was not included in the "default y if .." line of the
"config ARMEABI_ARCH" section of userspace/defaults.lkc
This has fixed it.

Next question: I'm not sure what I should be doing about PKG_KERNEL for my
new target. I'm not aware (yet) of any patching I need to do, so really I'd
just like it to set up to use the latest vanilla kernel - is this possible?

Thanks.