[Ltib] how to change the version of software being built by LTIB?

From: Robert P. J. Day
Subject: [Ltib] how to change the version of software being built by LTIB?
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 10:59:00 -0500 (EST)

  i ran across something a little curious when trying to change the
version of a software package in my current ltib build.  i used the
"pkg_map" file and changed the version of openssl i wanted.  during
the build, when that step was encountered, you could read:

Processing: openssl-0.9.7g
..... openssl-0.9.8a-1.m68k.rpm

  as in, the previous version of openssl was 0.9.8a and that's the rpm
file that already existed, but when i tried to change the version
(just as a test), the "Processing" line seemed to recognize the
change it read from pkg_map, but that didn't replace the rpm file that
was already built.

  i literally had to delete the existing openssl rpm file for a new
one to be created.  should i have expected this?  could this be an
artifact based on the fact that we're using an older version of ltib
here?

rday

Robert P. J. Day
    Have classroom, will lecture.