Re: [Ltib] expat: upgrading from 1.95.8 to 2.0.1

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] expat: upgrading from 1.95.8 to 2.0.1
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 11:45:12 +0000

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your package upgrade suggestions.  However, for now unless
there's a compelling reason I can't justify the time to do this.

More philosophically, LTIB is not intended to be a full Linux
distribution tracking the latest packages.  This is not just down to
lack of time (although that's a factor), but I think there are other
full distributions that already do this better.  One of my goals (if I
ever get time to complete it) is to use LTIB to build a target profile
that includes portage so that we have the means to use LTIB to bootstrap
any target that is then capable of going on to build Gentoo.  This would
be my choice for a full Linux Desktop distro as it is fundamentally
build-from-source.

Regards, Stuart