[Ltib] News: buildcc uses compiler in users path now

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: [Ltib] News: buildcc uses compiler in users path now
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 09:40:58 +0100

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that I checked in an update so when using the build machines compiler (for intermediate executables etc), this comes from the users' path rather than forcing /usr/bin.

The reason behind this is that on some platforms you may need to install a newer gcc on your host and have this picked up by LTIB.

In my case the motivation was that on an old autobuild machine I use (RedHat 7.3), the gcc provided on that (2.96 20000731) is too old to build some of build tools for package (for example busybox). In this case I had a newer gcc installed in /usr/local/bin/gcc. With this change to LTIB this gcc (which is first in my path) is used rather than the old fixed /usr/bin/gcc.