Re: [Ltib] imx27ads board - bootup issue

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] imx27ads board - bootup issue
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 09:05:14 +0100

Hi Palanivel,

It looks like your kernel boot args may be wrong. If you want to boot from Flash then you should be for example: root=1f03 rootfstype=jffs2 You need to vary this according to which actual partition has the rootfs ( '1f' is jffs2 (I think) '03' is the 4th partition)

Hopefully someone else can help that has actually tried this.

Regards, Stuart

address@hidden wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to boot imx27ads system from flash. I am getting the following
errors related to mounting rootfs.

Root-NFS: No NFS server available, giving up.
VFS: Unable to mount root fs via NFS, trying floppy.
List of all partitions:
1f00        512 mtdblock0 (driver?)
1f01       2048 mtdblock1 (driver?)
1f02      14336 mtdblock2 (driver?)
1f03      12288 mtdblock3((driver?)
1f04         12 mtdblock4 (driver?)
1f05          4 mtdblock5 (driver?)
1f47(     ( 256 mtdblock6 (driver?)
1f07         12 mtdblock7 (driver?)
1f08          4 mtdblock8 (driver?)
No filesystem could mount root, tried:  jffs2
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on
unknown-block(2,0)

Can anyone help me?

Regards,
Palanivel