[Ltib] Adding YAFFS2 deployment to LTIB (as well as elf file generation

From: Peter Barada
Subject: [Ltib] Adding YAFFS2 deployment to LTIB (as well as elf file generation of result)
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 16:40:58 -0500

Stuart,

The attached patch adds YAFFS2 as a deployment method to the current LTIB (actually LTIB as checked out 20091102), as well as patches to yaffs-utils-20060418 to allow for mkfsyaffs2image to be built and take args that allow a device table.

I've purposely left the original mkyaffsimage code alone (and did not add a YAFFS deployment method) as I don't have a target with small-block NAND to test that functionality with, but it should be failry simple to add.

The patch to deployment.lkc and bin/Ltibutils.pm also adds in ELF support, as in have LTIB create an ELF file of the resultant u-boot/kernel or u-boot/kernel/ramdisk using a Makefile in config/platform/__platform__/elf-image, and the ELF creation capability is enabled if the platform's main.lkc contains:

# Can deploy an ELF image.
config CAP_DEPLOYMENT_ELF
    bool
    default y

If this capability is not present then the code should act as it does now (with the addition of creation of a YAFFS2 rootfs image).  My target has LoLo as its boot loader, so to boot linux I need to load u-boot/kernel and exec u-boot (which then uses bootm witht he address of where the kernel was loaded as part of the ELF file) so I need the ELF deployment method.  I can provide the Makefile/utilities for my target to link together u-boot/kernel/rootfs into a single ELF file if anyone is interested.

I've been thinking about the sector/spare/erase size configuration for YAFFS (and the erase size for JFFS2), and I'm starting to convince myself that these variables should be in a platform's main.lkc as constants.  The patch to yaffs-utils doesn't have any sector/page/block size information in it, I'll generate that later and have mkyaffs2image take advantage of it.

Hopefully people will find this useful.

--
Peter Barada <address@hidden>
Logic Product Development, Inc.