Re: [Ltib] LTIB installation on Fedora and Ubuntu / Slight differences i

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] LTIB installation on Fedora and Ubuntu / Slight differences in the sudoers file for rpm tool
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 09:08:17 +0000

Hi Franz,

rpm is in different paths on the different distros.

Regards, Stuart

Franz Trierweiler wrote:
Hello,

During the various experiments I performed with the LTIB installation process, I noticed two different behaviours between Ubuntu (Debian-based distro) and Fedora (Redhat-based distro) with the sudoers file. Here is a short summary:

The first time someone launches LTIB without taking care of modifying the sudoers file, he will get a warning like this:

I ran the command: sudo -S -l which returned:

[sudo] password for franz: Sorry, try again.
[sudo] password for franz: Sorry, try again.
[sudo] password for franz: Sorry, try again.

sudo: 3 incorrect password attempts

This means you don't have sudo permission to execute rpm commands as root
without a password. This is needed for this build script to operate correctly.

To configure this, as root using the command "/usr/sbin/visudo",
and add the following line in the User privilege section:

franz ALL = NOPASSWD: /bin/rpm, /opt/freescale/ltib/usr/bin/rpm

Above is the recomendation you get from a Fedora.

On an Ubuntu, you get a slight different path (note the /usr for the rpm).

franz ALL = NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/rpm, /opt/freescale/ltib/usr/bin/rpm

This is probably not LTIB related but does someone know why the two pathes are different? Does that come from the fact that Fedoria is initially a rpm-based distro whereas Ubuntu is an apt-based distro (and thus the rpm support comes in addition when we perform apt-get install rpm before launching ltib for the first time).

Regards,
Franz