Re: [Ltib] New package fails to find .spec file?

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] New package fails to find .spec file?
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 09:01:48 +0000

Hi Lysle,

If you're using Savannah CVS you can put the tarball in either /opt/freescale/pkgs or /opt/ltib/pkgs (it will search both). If you're using a Freescale BSP it will only look in /opt/ltib/pkgs. These search paths are controlled by the entry in .ltibrc

The problem you have is that the config system doesn't know about your new spec file (yet). This is okay when you are first developing and it's correct you will need to add the .spec extension.

If you read down a bit, you'll see the section on introducing it into the config system:
     "How do I introduce my new package to the config system "

Once you've done this you'll also need to run ./ltib -m config and select your package (this is missing from the doc).

Regards, Stuart

Lysle Shields wrote:
I'm trying to add a new library package called swim.  I have followed the
steps on http://ltib.org/documentation-LtibFaq under section "How can I add
a completely new package to the root filesystem"
In step two, it says to move the tar ball to /opt/freescale/pkgs.  Instead,
I put it in /opt/ltib/pkgs, is this incorrect?

When doing the command "./ltib -m prep -p swim" it won't work unless .spec
is added to end, such as "./ltib -m prep -p swim.spec"

Compiling, same thing, requires "./ltib -p swim.spec".  Other than that, it
seems to compile fine.  However, when it tries to do install, it seems to
not know what DESTDIR is in the Makefile even though the .spec file has a
DESTDIR= declaration.

The following is the spec file:
<<<
%define pfx /opt/freescale/rootfs/%{_target_cpu}
%define __os_install_post %{nil}

Summary         : SWIM Graphical Library
Name            : swim
Version         : 1.0
Release         : 1
License         : GPL
Vendor          : NXP
Packager        : Lysle E. Shields
Group           : Development/Libraries
URL             : http://www.nxp.com
Source          : swim-%{version}.tar.gz
BuildRoot       : %{_tmppath}/%{name}
Prefix          : %{pfx}

%Description
%{summary}

%Prep
%setup
%Build
make prefix=%{_prefix}

%Install
rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
make install prefix=%{_prefix} DESTDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{pfx}

%Clean
rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT

%Files
%defattr(-,root,root)