RE: [Ltib] Could not Display LCD - need advise

From: Kevin Wells
Subject: RE: [Ltib] Could not Display LCD - need advise
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 20:00:16 +0200

Hi Casper,

There is no support in the LPC313x Linux port for the display. The display on that board is a register I/O based display and doesn’t play nice with the frame buffer driver which wants directly mapped memory.

Someone on the Yahoo news groups has ported a display driver to this board under Qte. You might try asking there or looking at the message history.

thanks,

Kevin

Subject: [Ltib] Could not Display LCD - need advise

Hello,

Could someone give me advise on what package/s to build so that my LCD will display anything.. By the way my board is LPC3141 from embedded artists. I read somewhere that i need to build DirectFB as one of the requirements, i already did build DirectFB successfully and also enable most of the Graphic Drivers in the Kernel configuration but still got no display on LCD, or maybe i just don't know how. Do i need to type something in the Bash prompt to trigger the LCD to display or it will display right at the boot up? I really don't have any idea where to look. Please give me idea on how to have a simple display on my LCD (i mean just any display on my LCD)..

If someone could point me to a good tutorial or forum, i would be very grateful...

regards,

Cas