Re: [Ltib] Request to explain how the platform specific drivers can be l

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Request to explain how the platform specific drivers can be loaded into the rootfs
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 18:29:07 +0100

Hi Malay,

Please keep messages on the list.

Use the example hello_mod as a template to write your driver.  This will
end up on your target image and you'll be able to insmod it.  Before you
change it, try it out as a pure "hello world" to get familiar.  There is
a README in the source for this (rpm/BUILD/hello_mod-1.2/README) that
should help.

To create a device node, just use mknod, or you can alternatively add
and entry to bin/device_table.txt and when you re-build the device node
will be on the target.  Note this is only true for static device nodes.

Regards, Stuart