Re: [Ltib] Fwd: i need some help..pls

From: Mike Nelson
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Fwd: i need some help..pls
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 16:08:16 -0700

Greetings:

I tried to run Linux 2.6.34 on the Phytec 3250 board and found that it
did not have the ethernet configured.  I went back into LTIB, selected
Linux 2.6.27 and it worked fine with rootfs over NFS.  Did not circle
back to figure out what may be wrong with 2.6.34.

I have also had no success with using LTIB as a development
environment.  I followed the LTIB documentation to create a package
for a simple "hello world" application.  My goal was to have the
hello_world application appear in the rootfs.  LTIB could not find the
package.  LTIB seems to be hard-wired to look for packages in certain
directories, and changing the configuration file to point to a Local
Package Pool doesn't seem to work for picking up my package.

So, now we are using makefiles to build the kernel and u-boot.  We
simply overlay the rootfs with whatever user application files we want
and access rootfs over NFS to the host.

Regards:

Mike Nelson, http://michaeltnelson.com
mobile: 1-650-291-7343