[Ltib] Extended issue with ethaddr in u-boot

From: Li Yuan-Lung
Subject: [Ltib] Extended issue with ethaddr in u-boot
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 10:19:58 +0800

Dear NXP guys,
As I know the usage of ethaddr for kernel 2.6.34, I still have some questions.

In U-boot, by typing "printenv" the ethaddr always be "ethaddr=00:01:90:00:C0:81", I know the U-boot for LPC3250 hard coded the MAC as "00:01:90:00:C0:81". The only way to keep our own MAC address now is setting the bootargs. I don't think it is a real safe way to keep the private MAC addresses...

1. Is there any road map for U-boot release with the ability to modify and keep the private MAC address through the standalone ethaddr variable?
2. In the source of U-boot, I also found the One-Time-Program-Ethaddr feature in other platform, will it be implemented into the U-boot for LPC3250?
3. If you have the release plan, would you kindly tell us the timeline of U-boot for LPC3250 releases?

Thank you very much.

Henry