[Ltib] LPC3250 Watchdog

From: Travis Imken
Subject: [Ltib] LPC3250 Watchdog
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 14:09:58 -0500

Greetings Friends,

I am working with a Phytec LPC3250 and am unable to get into Linux due to the watchdog. The watchdog timer (6 seconds) keeps resetting the board before Linux can even load. I would appreciate any help on how to kick/feed the watchdog to allow the LPC3250 to boot into Linux.

The watchdog chip is a Maxim MAX6301. We have graduated from the Phytec development board and are using our own interface board. Because we are using a TFTP/NFS system right now it takes about 10 seconds before the kernel is transferred and begins to load; total boot time varies but is around 30 seconds.

Kind Regards,

Travis Imken
Student Engineer
Aerospace Engineering Satellite Design Laboratory
The University of Texas at Austin