Re: [Ltib] updating Kernel image in MTD from Linux

From: Chris Westervelt
Subject: Re: [Ltib] updating Kernel image in MTD from Linux
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 15:17:17 -0500

When you write the bin file with u-boot you use nand write.jffs2 <bin-file>.  Whatever that produces is good for u-boot to load into ram for execution but when you try to mount that block in Linux, you get a bunch of problems.  In other words, they don’t appear to be compatible.  I’m thinking that somehow I need the kernel image already in some sort of JFFS2 image format and do what you said and just write it to /dev/mtdblock4.