Re: [Ltib] FW: ltib error

From: Giuseppe Ventura
Subject: Re: [Ltib] FW: ltib error
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 19:18:58 +0100

1) The message should be clear enough, namely "You should not be root when running ltib".
How to change in no-root?

I remove all and reinstall in a new directory.

Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 12:46:08 -0500
From: address@hidden
To: address@hidden
CC: address@hidden

On 03/07/2012 12:36 PM, Giuseppe Ventura wrote:
hi,
i reinstall LTIB.

$ cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/ltib co -P ltib
$ cd ltib
$ ./ltib
but there is an error:

address@hidden:~/Scrivania/ltib/ltib$ sudo ./ltib

You should not be root when running ltib, do you really
want to continue ?  y|N

/opt/freescale/ltib/usr/bin/rpm has gone missing at ./ltib line 2228.
traceback:
 main::legacy_rpm_fixups:2228
  main::pre_build_checks:1451
   main:557

Started: Wed Mar  7 18:29:35 2012
Ended:   Wed Mar  7 18:29:36 2012
Elapsed: 1 seconds

Build Failed

Exiting on error or interrupt

1) The message should be clear enough, namely "You should not be root when running ltib".

2) If you've reinstalled LTIB from ltib.org, then you should do it in a *fresh* directory - I'm guessing you checked out LTIB on top of you current installation.  Move into a *new* directory, then  checkout LTIB and do the build.

3) Don't check out LTIB as root since it will make all the files owned by root, not you, and when you try to run as you (i.e. not as root) LTIB will probably complain with "permission denied"...

Hope this helps.

--
Peter Barada
address@hidden