Re: [Ltib] pkg_map issues (was Re: (no subject))

From: Aaron Wegner
Subject: Re: [Ltib] pkg_map issues (was Re: (no subject))
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 15:47:57 -0400

Hi Stuart,

I tried cooking up a simple test case as you suggested but no luck with
the latest LTIB from CVS.  I went back to my build to put the packages
back into the config/platform/${platform} area and sure enough they
disobeyed the order I specified in the pkg_map file.  I could also see the
wrong order with my ./ltib -m listpkgsbuild command.  I was working with
the following LTIB.

address@hidden ~/0299.new Thu Aug 23 15:35:18]
$ grep 'version  =>' ltib/ltib
    app_version  => "9.1.1",
    cvs_version  => '$Revision: 1.54 $',

Then I had an idea to just extract the files from an archive of the latest
LTIB over my directory.  After that I had the following version.

address@hidden ~/0299.new Thu Aug 23 15:42:22]
$ grep 'version  =>' ltib/ltib
    app_version  => "11.4.1",
    cvs_version  => '$Revision: 1.88 $',

Immediately, with no other changes the ./ltib -m listpkgsbuild was working
and obeying the build order in the platform specific pkg_map file.  In
fact I can switch back to my old version, extract those files from the
archive, and see the wrong order again.  So, this must have been solved a
while ago.

Thanks,

Aaron

> Hi Aaron,
>
> I just took a look at the code (I guess you mean from CVS?).  The
> pkg_map override stuff is in the ltib script around line 3331. It says
> (for entries that are not in the main pkg_map):
>
>                  # insert just before sysconfig (3rd from last)
>                  splice(@{$pcac->{mk_buildlist}}, -3, 0, $key);
>
> So I would expect that the order of your new packages is the order in
> your config/_platform_/pkg_map file.  These will appear as the last
> packages in the build order before the sysconfig package.
>
> If this is not the case, can you put in some debug and see if you can
> figure out what is going wrong.  Try changing the order and see what
> happens.  If this doesn't shed any light, then can you send your
> patches, or some subset test-case that the list can look at.
>
> Regards, Stuart
>
> On 21/08/12 21:12, Aaron Wegner wrote:
>> Sorry for the no subject on that email, just forgot.  Well, in my case I
>> was using the per-platform pkg_map as you say in option "2/", where I
>> was
>> adding two new packages.  They just weren't obeying the order I was used
>> to working with the other pkg_map where I list the one I want to build
>> first, so I was getting a little confused.
>>
>>> Hi Aaron,
>>>
>>> You can user the per-platform pkg_map to
>>>
>>> 1/ Override the .spec file that will be built for a given package name.
>>>   The idea is to allow you to build a different version than the stock
>>> package.
>>>
>>> 2/ You can add new packages: ones that are not already mentioned in the
>>> config/userspace/pkg_map.  For these packages, you have control over
>>> the