Re: [Ltib] ltib code modification/protection

From: Peter Barada
Subject: Re: [Ltib] ltib code modification/protection
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2013 10:57:05 -0500

On 01/02/2013 05:15 AM, MEHMET ALI IPIN wrote:

Dear Peter,

I have solved problem. If  only I should modify my code after the “./ltib –m prep –p kernel” command.

Then other ltib commands.

Indeed - but how could you modify the code if you hadn't prepped the source?  Did you try to populate the kernel source by hand (without using LTIB to prep the source)?  If so how?

If LTIB detects the source of a package is needed to build then it will automatically prep the source into the package's source directory under rpm/BUILD, build it and create the resultant .rpm file, and finally delete the package source directory.

I'm a bit surprised that if you already populated the kernel source, modified misc.c, and on the next build LTIB updated the source (thereby removing your changes).  What steps did take that caused LTIB to overwrite your changes to misc.c? (I don't need to see any source or changes, just an overview of what you did that caused LTIB to erroneously remove your source change to misc.c)...

--
Peter Barada
address@hidden