Re: [Ltib] config option use BSP kernel headers with >= linux-2.6.17

From: Peter Barada
Subject: Re: [Ltib] config option use BSP kernel headers with >= linux-2.6.17
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 15:32:06 -0400

On 03/21/2013 02:36 PM, Stuart Hughes wrote:
> Hi Aaron,
>
> From what I recall 'make headers_install' is not sufficient on all
> platforms to provide the required interface.  IIRC the
> PKG_KERNEL_WANT_HEADERS leaves the actual kernel headers unpacked so
> that some packages can reach indirectly and grab what they want.

Stuart,
with the diff I provided (and adding
CNFIG_PKG_WANT_KERNEL_HEADERS_INSTALL=y in your platform .config), it
does install the kernel headers and is able to build kernel modules and
a bunch of the packages that need kernel headers.  Its independed of
whether the kernel source is left unpacked...