lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #19937] ICMP assumes p_buf has space for ethernet head

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #19937] ICMP assumes p_buf has space for ethernet header
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2007 16:17:36 +0000

> It's include in my test build since Monday, and I don't have see any
problems, but I don't test big pings

Big pings? The problem came from allocating a pbuf on receiving that didn't
get the ethernet header included (e.g. first look into receive fifo and if
it's an IP packet only copy the IP part into the pbuf). That way, when
reusing the pbuf to send the echo reply, the pbuf didn't have space for the
ethernet header at its front.

I did test it, but I wanted to hear a comment from the original poster...

Maybe we can close it as I have tested it to be OK...

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?19937>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/