lwip-devel

RE: [lwip-devel] [task #7017] Implement DNS client

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: RE: [lwip-devel] [task #7017] Implement DNS client
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 16:39:47 +0100

On Tue, 2007-06-19 at 11:17 -0400, Pettinato, Jim wrote:

> Next question - do we integrate this into the core or leave it as a
> separate app? Integration might be nice as we could call the init and
> timer functions for the end users, leaving only the actual call to
> dns_gethostbyname() and the callback function to worry about upon use.

If there is a dependency on this code in the sockets layer (as has been
suggested) to implement gethostbyname() then it will have to go into the
core, although hopefully with an option to not compile it all if it's
not necessary for some users.

If there's no dependency on it (as is currently the case) then it would
be fine as a separate app in the contrib module.

Kieran