lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #6827] etharp could need some tuning

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #6827] etharp could need some tuning
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 13:46:28 +0000

I've created a patch that introduces a function 'etharp_send' that fills in
the ethernet header (MAC addresses an type).

This static function is then called from all functions that previously called
netif->linkoutput so that the generation of the ethernet header is only coded
once (to reduce code size).

If this reduces code size, it might be slower. Some compilers could be so
clever to inline the function with speed optimizations turned on. We still
gain less C code then.

Please comment if you fear slowing down, or else I'll check it in some time!

(file #13145)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: etharp_send.patch              Size:11 KB

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6827>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/